At Health Systems Go, we use a holistic approach to guide you back to pain free function. From acute sporting injuries through to chronic pain, we will support you.
Our Mission: To address the root cause of pain and dysfunction for long term benefit. If you are willing to learn, we are here to help!
Bachelor of Applied Science and Master of Podiatric Practice (La Trobe University & Glasgow Caledonian University, Scotland)
Advanced Diploma of Myotherapy (Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology)
With over nine years of clinical experience, Kirstin is well versed in foot, ankle and knee injuries. During her career, Kirstin has worked at the World Cycling Championships, FASIC Edinburgh, Australian Institute of Sport and the AFL Draft Combine.
"My true passion lies in educating patients about the root cause of their pain. I see a lot of inflamed and fatigued bodies in my practice. Trying to heal an injury whilst fighting high levels of systemic inflammation, often eventuates in delayed healing response and recurrent injury.
I know first-hand what many of my patients are feeling, as I too lived the same lifestyle. Expecting my body to heal when I wasn’t fueling it correctly, living off six hours sleep and overloading my training. Leading to many major injuries and a line of frustrating rehab”.
Kirstin spends time teaching each of her patients about their pain presentation(s). Including, full body walk + run gait re-training, strength and mobility rehab, footwear education and individual nutrition + recovery. All the way through to self-sabotage in healing and lessons of a chronic injury.
As a novice Triathlete and outdoor adventurer, Kirstin is passionate to the core about health and movement.
Post Graduate Training:
1. Dynamic Neuromuscular Stabilisation (DNS) Rehabilitation Prague School: Exercise Course 1.
2. Global Rehabilitation Injury Prevention (GRIP Approach)
Rehab and performance: Assessment, intervention and treatment of global neuromuscular motor control patterns from the feet up.
3. Injection Therapies - Prolotherapy Soft Tissue Injections and Perineural Nerve Injection for Podiatrists.
4. Treating Dancers - Australian Ballet Centre
5. Podiatry for Cyclists: Assessment, Adjustment and Solutions.
6. Level 2 Advanced Reiki Practitioner
7. Currently undergoing training with the American CHEK ACADEMY: Holistic Lifestyle Coaching, Integrated Movement Science & Corrective Holistic Exercise Kinesiology.